Update: Crusader Kings! Victoria 2!
Sorry for the slight pause in videos — I went out of town for the weekend and got stuck an extra day and a half due to extreme weather. It’s thrown off my entire schedule. I’m hoping to start cranking out more Crusader Kings 2 videos “soon”.
Speaking of Crusader Kings — there’s a new DLC coming out!
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
- Play as a Pagan chieftain and ravage your weak neighbors. If you remain at peace for too long, your people will grow restless…
- New special start date in 867 AD: The Viking Rurik has founded the kingdom of Rus and the Great Heathen Army under the sons of Ragnar Lodbrok rampages through England.
- Play as a Zoroastrian lord and restore your ancient religion to prominence.
- Adventurers: Landless characters can gather armies and go off to carve out new realms on their own.
- Prepared Invasions: Declare your intention to invade and watch your armies grow with adventurers and restless warriors, but don’t wait too long to start your war or it might all fall apart…
- Rebels with a Cause: Rebels are no longer a faceless menace – they are now led by characters with agendas.
- Loot and pillage provinces. Burn down their cities and take their gold!
- Sacrifice to Odin at the great Blot!
- Christians and Muslims can dispatch missions to convert the depraved heathens.
- New beautiful Pagan interface skin.
- New events and decisions: berserkers, sejdr, curses, omens, divinations, runestones and much more.
I will NOT be LPing a pagan game immediately, because we have other videos to get to after The Republic completes.
Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
- Experience a brand new colonization system: Use your navy to expand your empire, compete against other colonial powers and struggle to maintain your overseas control. Colonial conflicts can spiral out of control and become international crises where they will have to be decided by diplomatic negotiations or risk costly wars.
- Battle your enemies in the new naval combat system: Together with the new colonization system, your navies are more important than ever. We have revamped the entire naval combat system and made it much more detailed and exciting with a new system of gun ranges and maneuvering into positions for battles. New powerful battleships join the other classes of ships to bridge the gap to Dreadnoughts.
- Prepare for International Crises: Around the world international crises continually call on the Great Powers to mediate and compromise, with war always being the last resort. As one of the lesser powers, use your influence to stir up the local flash points so you can use fleet footed diplomacy to get the Great Powers to right the wrongs that have been committed against your nation!
- Follow the global events with the new newspaper system: You will receive reports on local and global events as well as the world’s changing situation to keep up to date and get a greater sense of immersion. Over 60 newspapers, both historic and otherwise, periodically present you with the latest news reports of war, major events, royal gossip and other matters of interest.
God damn, but that sounds great. I’m so happy that Victoria 2 is still getting love, despite being a bit dated and not at all being Paradox’s most popular game (EU and CK are far bigger). As with CK2:TOG, I probably won’t be able to LP this immediately. In fact, I suspect that the next Paradox game I play after HoI3 (which I have promised) will be Europa Universalis 4 — which will probably be out by then.